Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My first egg post childbirth!

I am one of those women who actually likes her bleed. I have no idea why, but I look forward each month to my cycle in all its fullness. I like watching for the signs leading up to ovulation (even when I'm not ttc!) and I get severe ovulation pain (AKA Mittelschmerz), so I can pinpoint ovulation each month...and then the count down begins till I bleed :)
Once my period starts I feel great. I use a moon cup that I have had for about 4yrs now, and cloth pads hand made by women around the world (well in the U.K, the USA and Australia). Before the moon cup and cloth pads I used sea sponges with my bleed.
I have a diary somewhere of EVERY cycle since I was about 21yrs old till I conceived my second child. He was born 18mths ago, and 2 nights ago I ovulated for the first time since he was born....so that means in just 2w I shall be bleeding again! I have so missed my cycles.
I also have PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome). One of the biggest things it does to me is mess with my cycles. I have longer cycles. When I was younger (I think the actual reason I started the diary!) I'd go 6mths between bleeds. I was very irregular. Over the years I have learnt to read my body well and can now tell the signs of fertility quite accurately without charting or taking my temperature. This comes in handy as both my kids were conceived using artificial insemination of fresh sperm at home. The fewer of those to do each try, the better IMHO!

So here begins my online journal of my cycles post baby #2.....

4 comments:

  1. he he, I was considering a blog on this subject just the other day but I thought nah - too crazy, then I find you have already started one here!
    If I fill up your comments spaces too much then I'll know I really do have to start my own :-)
    Congratulations on your new era of egg development and releasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Lotusbirther are you saying I am crazy????!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! So... I'm at the coast at the folks killing time and searching for Natural Learning stuff and find your blogs!!! Onya! I love that you blog about secret wimmin's business! I think I may just have to become a follower! xxx Catch you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that you are Terry! You'd be more than welcome to follow and read about my cycle!

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment on my wysdoms? Want to share yours? I'd love to read them!