Wednesday, July 22, 2009

reminded to post by a delayed eggie!

I have neglected this area of my blog of late. Firstly because we went over seas for 6 weeks, then because I was snowed under till now trying to catch up with life.
Funnily though, no matter how busy life gets, your body still cycles, bleeds, becomes fertile and bleeds again.
I bled once while I was away on holidays, while we were in London. It was no big deal, used my moon cup and had to change frequently, but it was easy to do. My next ovulation was on the train on the way home from the Airport once we landed in Australia. I think hormonally my body is really ready to make a baby because I experienced INTENSE attraction for, well really the first man in my whole life! Happened to see him as I was ovulating, and it was intense, unsettling and weird. I also experienced the worst PMS I have ever had in my life that cycle. Feeling and thinking the most awful thoughts that appeared completely lucid at the time, but once I bled it was like whoa, go sort your self out!
So I did, got some bush flower female essences, EPO, vitamin B's and some nasty herbs. The next cycle was much better, less painful ovulation and fairly ok pre menstrual phase.

Which brings me to my current cycle. I ovulated today, this evening, over dinner time (which is a pretty normal time for me to ovulate!) thing is today is CD 20 for me which seems to be the pattern since menstrual return after Water Boys birth....but I have also put on 4kg in a month, and I am worried that I am heading into a similar insulin resistant phase as I did after birthing Pony Gal (where my weight ballooned and my PCOS was very out of control) as I am noticing similar things like very easy weight gain, and a week or more of fertile signs (like my cervix just sits there wide open oozing copious amounts of clear mucous for a week before I ping an egg). I have also changed my diet in the last month, electing to be more vegetarian and there fore more high carb. Looks like I may need to hit the low carb, meat based diet again soon as I don't like this impact on my body.
I also am approaching Water Boys 2nd birthday, and hope to ttc a 3rd (and sadly final for our family) baby once he turns 3, which means I only have a year to try and sort my body out as this time I want to ttc without any western medicines..... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on my wysdoms? Want to share yours? I'd love to read them!