Monday, August 24, 2009

Making a presence felt

A few post ago I blogged on ideal baby spacing, my ideal. I believe for me it was felt to be 4 years. That was the gap between my first 2 babies, and the gap I intended to have between Water Boy and his next in line.......
That was till my cycles returned and I have baby fever........bad! I have NEVER felt these feelings in any of the attempts I have made to concieve..... The last few cycles I have had all sorts of hormonal incidences that were odd, severe PMS, super ovulation signs etc...and this last egg was a doozy. This last egg was SCREAMING out to be fertilised. Is my next baby (or babies?!) there already? I say babies because I felt 2 very distinct ovulation pains (or mittleschmertz, one just after midnight and one about 10am the next day. I think medically this would be considered impossible, but I know what I felt and that was 2 eggs pinging at 2 different times.

So whats a gal to do? It isn't as simple as The Divine Miss A and I gettin down ;) as no matter how much we'd get on down, there would be no conception.... So I need swimmers. Water Boys donor (lets call him The Perfect Donor) contacted us just before Water Boy turned 2 ( which was last week btw!!!!) to say we should catch up at some point...but as is usual, the trail has gone cold again lol, so I need to get a dialogue happening there....

But first I am in a quandary. What do I do about ttc another child so soon? I know Water Boy is 2, and by now the majority of people would have had another child if they were going to do so, or be pregnant with the next one..... But he is still so little. He is still nursing round the clock (although I am working on night weaning as gently as I can), and is still my baby. He is out of day nappies (yay to EC!!!!!) and is pretty independent, but still has pretty intense needs for my time and attention, and adding a baby to that mix would be taking away from those needs. Then there is the fact he is still nursing on demand. Seeing and talking to friends who are tandem nursing, I am not sure that I want to do that either, but would have to think my choosing another baby would cut short his nursing or make him wean early due to changes in my milk supply.......
But oh, the unmistakable, full body urge, actual pull to be creating new life. Once the egg is out, it fades, but it will take allot of strength and processing to not start down the path of creating new life, new life that appears to be so close by and asking so loudly to be given a chance to come forward.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on my wysdoms? Want to share yours? I'd love to read them!